Here is a novel way to evaluate woodworking plans, by using a 3D digital interactive model.
If you use Google Sketchup or another CAD program you will already be very familiar with this process and the value of doing so, that is being able to maneuver around and get close up to details of the model.
The reality though is that most of us woodworkers just do not have the time nor is it really necessary to learn a complicated CAD program.
That is why I have created this feature here to allow anyone to be able to maneuver around a digital woodworking plan, without having to do all of that stuff, or even having install or learn any complicated program.
The example here is of a workbench, and the steps are as follows:
- Click on the image of the workbench below.
- Allow the interactive 3D model to load
- The default cursor will be the rotation cursor, which will enable you to fly around the model in 3 dimensions, by clicking and dragging.
- To get additional functionality, click on the “<“ icon on the right side of the model window. You will quickly get the hang of it.
- If you are using PC, the mouse wheel will allow you to zoom in and out.
- The icon in the bottom right hand corner also allows you to view the model in full-screen.
So go ahead an get familiar.
Click here to learn how to access thousands more 3d Interactive Woodworking Plans like this one, and other time-saving features